
Adversity, we all face some sort of adversity to some degree in our lives, right? But how we handle this adversity is what really matters. It is what builds character.
The other day I was at the gym running on the treadmill when a guy got on the treadmill beside me and started a pretty brisk stroll himself. Now what was unusual about this man was that he was blind. I was amazed. But it didn't stop here. After his 20 minutes or so on the treadmill he went to the bike machine and finished his daily cardio. I was just amazed as he made his way around all the crowded equipment. On my way out I was blown away even more as I saw him on weight machines. What, are you kidding me, how is this possible???
As I left the YMCA, located in downtown Columbia, I was in awe. Not only did this man not let his handicap stop him from being physically fit, he also did not just stay in the convenience of his home where I imagine it would be much easier and safer for him. No, he beat the adversity life presented to him and is living life as normally as possible.
He is my hero and reminded me that it is not about the challenges life presents...no not at all, it is how we react and what we do about it.
If this doesn't inspire you, I am not sure what will?
Until next time...Blog On!
No comments:
Post a Comment