Saturday, January 10, 2009

Contradiction

My blog seems very contradictory, ever noticed?

Why?

Well my new title is Random Thoughts and yet the subtitle is my favorite quote, "The Purpose to life is a life of PURPOSE"... see a problem here?

I also have noticed this type of contradiction in so many aspects of my life. I won't go into all the detail of my thoughts on these topics, just the basic statements. (Could be material for future posts- let me know if you need me to expand on any)

Few examples:

1.) I think of myself as both reserved and high-spirited. Hard to explain and for my friends who were present when I declared my reserved nature, their reaction was priceless. I believe Lauren's exact words were, "You are as reserved as a rabbit dog" (or rabid dog to be correct :), thanks Mur.) But still I stand behind the fact that I am both reserved and high-spirited!

2.) I really want to be a hippie and live in a beach shack YET currently drive a volvo and live in a fairly large city. (True story: For some reason I thought a volvo suv was slightly hippie-esque.... maybe I just hoped it was. OK maybe it is more soccer mom-esque?)

3.) I completely believe in being healthy especially with your diet and exercise routine, yet I LOVE dessert. I would rather (and do often) just skip the meal and have a rather large dessert or two? And often run a few extra miles on a particular day so that I may stop and get some Ben and Jerry's on the way home! Balance-right?

4.) I love me some Jesus but also love to have a good time with "cool" people. Please do not be offended by my next statement anyone but it is kinda hard to find really cool Jesus lovers...is it just me or do others have this same issue?!?! (I have a feeling God did not like this statement, but I am just being honest)

5.) I think of myself as low maintenance but guess I like things my way, so really how low maintenance is that?

6.) I love children so much yet the thought of being a mother kinda scares me to death? OK, I think everyone (hopefully) feels this way, right?

7.) I am both right and left brained. I have to find the logic in everything but also just love being creative and thinking outside the box.

8.) I love the mountains and the beach. I want to be on both. Cali is good for both, a mountainous beach... as is New Zealand....yeah maybe I should move to NZ!

9.) I love a city and the country. They both have their pros and cons. Can't I have both?

10.) I like dressing up and going somewhere nice as well as being in jeans and a t-shirt at a hole in the wall.

OK, the list could go on and on. Basically this could go back to my commitment issue... I just can't commit to one thing.

You think this means anything? Thoughts?

Until next time... Blog On!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my favorite post yet. I laughed out loud many times while reading it (and seeing the pictures you selected to go with each).

All of what you wrote is true, but that is why we love you...contradictions and all!

Also, please add this term to the Ericaism list: "rabbit dog"

I think you meant rabid dog?

Erica said...

You are so right... I always wondered what a rabbit dog was, but just thought it was a dog with lots of energy like the energizer bunny or something... ok, there you have it another ericaism added to the list. I mean google did provide me this great image of a rabbit dog!!!

Anonymous said...

I feel like I just read a description of myself as well! :) Great minds think alike!!! We should elope together or something! hahahah!!! CALL ME!